Bra fitting guide
- How to determine the right bra size?
- What bra size could also fit?
- What makes our fuller cup bras so special?
- How to identify the perfect bra fit?
- Better posture
- Relief for the back
- Comfort with no pinching or pain
Our fitting guidelines help you find the perfect fit and determine the right bra size.
How to determine the right bra size?
- Please stand straight and breathe calmly.
- Use a measuring tape.
- Maybe a good friend can help you out.
- The measure has to be taken just below the bust, quite tightly but comfortable enough to allow you to breathe normally.
- Read the measurement from the tape and round up or down if necessary, to the nearest multiple of five, i.e. 75, 80, 85 etc.
- The measure has to be taken on the widest part of the bust with a fairly loose measuring tape, in order not to deform or squeeze the breasts.
- Ensure the measuring tape is at the same height across the bust as across your back.
- Read the measurement from the tape.
- Now refer to Table of Bra Sizes, (also applies to corsetry).
For example: If the under bust size equals 86 cm and the bust size equals 102 cm, it seems that the ideal bra size for you would be 85C.
Click on your bra size
Shop Bras, Corsages & Shirts >
What bra size could also fit?
- So if you feel that the under bust band is too tightyou can try to take the next size up of the under bust sizes with a smaller cup size: if your size is 80D, then the size 85C has the same cup volume and a looser under bust.
- If you think that the under bust band feels to loose, take the next smaller under bust size with a bigger cup: if your size is 90B, then the size 85C has the same cup and a tighter under bust.
|Women brief sizes|
|Shaping panties sizes||60||65||70||75||80||85||90||95||100||105||110||115|
|Waist circumference in cm||58-62||63-67||68-72||73-77||78-82||83-87||88-92||93-97||98-102||103-107||108-112||113-117|
|Waist circumference in cm||88-91||92-95||96-99||100-103||104-107||108-110||111-113||114-116||117-119||120-122||123-125||126-128|
Shop Briefs, Thongs & Panties >
|Men brief sizes|
|Waist circumference in cm||73 - 78||79 - 84||85 - 90||91 - 96||97 -102||103 - 108||109 - 114||115 - 120||121 - 126||127 - 132|
Men's briefs >
|Triumph Table of sizes for swimwear|
|Under Bust circumference in cm||68-72||73-77||78-82||83-87||88-92||93-97||98-102|
|Size bikini tops||70||75||80||85||90||95||100|
|Cups size||Bust Circumference|
What makes our fuller cup bras so special?
Discover our Fuller cups collection >
How to identify the perfect bra fit?
- The under bust band:
- The straps:
- The cups:
- The centre front of the bra:
This part of the bra provides the majority of the support so it is important that it fits firmly, parallel to the cups. Look in the mirror and check that the band is at the same level all around your body. You don’t want to have back pain because of wearing the wrong bra size, do you?
When buying a new bra, fasten it on the first/outermost row of hooks. This will allow the bra to be tightened as the under bust band starts to get slightly looser after you’ve worn it a few times.
- If the band rides up at the back it is probably too big. Please choose a smaller under bust size and go up a cup size. Learn more about sister sizes.
They should sit parallel or slightly V-shaped on the back.
- If the straps are digging into your shoulder it might be a sign that the under bust band is too big and not giving enough support. Try a smaller under bust size and a cup size bigger. Please see sister size.
- If the straps, after being adjusted, are slipping down your shoulders it might mean that the under bust band is too small. Try a bigger under bust size, and consider trying a cup size smaller. Read more about the sister sizing here.
The cups of a bra, especially when underwired should go right around the contour of the breast sitting flat against your ribs without digging into the breast tissue. The whole breast should also fit neatly into the cup with no excess of flesh showing on the sides of the cup or spilling out over top. This applies even when wearing push-up or low cut bras. In extreme cases wearing cups that are too small will give the appearance of four breasts. There should not be any space underneath the cups at the root of the breast or any gaping across the top half of the cup.
Before you change the cup size, please make sure that your breasts are completely “dropped” into the cups. Lean a bit forward, lift and jiggle them into the cup and smooth out the sides.
- If you feel the underwire is digging in between your breasts or in the breast tissue, try going one cup size bigger, but keep the under bust size the same.
- If the under bust band is curling up or standing away from the body, the cup is probably too small, go up a cup size, keep the under bust size the same.
- If the cup puckers and looks baggy it is probably too big, so try a smaller cup size with the same under bust size.
The centre front of the bra sits between the breasts and is also called a bra bridge. The bra bridge should lie flat against the body.
- If there is a gap between the bra bridge and your rib cage, or the bra bridge sits on top of your breasts, it might mean that the cup size is too small. Try to go up a cup size, keeping the under bust size the same.
In case you discover that the bras in your lingerie drawer do not fit as described, we recommend a professional bra fitting in one of our Triumph stores. The Triumph Store Locator will help you to find the one closest to you.
Nevertheless, every woman is different and no two breasts are exactly the same, so the comfort and fit may also be affected by the type of bra you’re trying on. It might be that a balconette bra fits you better than a full cup bra in the same size, or a wired, padded bra better than a wired bra. Therefore try different bra styles to find your perfect bra fit.
Shop Bras, Corsages & Shirts >
(For questions concerning your order in the Triumph Online Shop)
Mon – Fri
8 am – 8 pm
Phone+358 (0)9 - 3157 9198 +358 (0)9 - 3157 9198
(Calls will be charged as local calls from a land line. Prices from mobile phones may vary. Please be aware that our Call Center is only able to conduct calls in English)